CARSON CITY RIFLE AND PISTOL RANGE
The "use agreement" between the city and the Carson Rifle and Pistol Club expired on October 18th and the city declined to renew it. Consequently, the club will no longer provide Range Safety Officers or assist in operating the range. Questions concerning reservations for the range can be answered by Carson City Parks and Recreation Department at www.carson.org/range
The range is located at 4000 Flint Rd, Carson City, NV 89701 (click for map)
The range consist of three shooting areas (click here for graphic)
Operating hours are established by the Carson City Parks and Recreation Department.
The range is open to the general public on
SUNDAYS 8:00AM to 4:30PM
There is no cost for individuals to use the range.
Users are required to follow established Carson City Parks and Recreation rules posted here and on signs at the range.
Users are required to follow the instructions of Range Safety Officers while using the range.
There are no targets or target stands, shooters will need to bring their own. Only standard industry type targets allowed, no glass, exploding targets, or appliances, etc.
Users are required to clean up after themselves (brass, target materials, trash)
WHAT YOU NEED TO USE THE RANGE
- Hearing protection (ear plugs or muffs)
- Appropriate target (your bullets must hit the backstop)
- Pistols: your target should be approximately chest high
- Rifles: height dependent on the distance you are shooting
- Stand (industry type or equivalent
- uprights (usually 1"X2" wood)
- backing (cardboard)
- paper target
- staple gun or clips to hold backing to uprights
- tape or staples to hold targets to backing
~ OR ~
- Commercial steel targets or gongs with stand
- Appropriate ammunition for your firearm (no tracer or armor piercing)