CARSON CITY RIFLE AND PISTOL RANGE
The Carson Rifle and Pistol Range is a City Park and operated under applicable Carson City Municipal Codes. The Carson Rifle and Pistol Club, a non-profit organization, administers the range through a use agreement with the city.
The range is located at 4000 Flint Rd, Carson City, NV 89701 (click for map)
The range consist of three shooting areas (click here for graphic)
Operating hours are established by the Carson City Parks and Recreation Department.
The range is open to the general public on
Sundays: 7AM to 7PM
Wednesday and Thursday 5:30PM to 8:00PM
Approved groups and commercial entities may make reservations to use the shooting bays Tues through Saturday. See the "Reservations" page for further information.
The club is working with the city, community members, and other organizations to increase public access to the range.
There is no cost for individuals to use the range.
Users are required to follow established Carson City Parks and Recreation rules posted here and on signs at the range.
Users are required to follow the instructions of Range Safety Officers while using the range.
There are no targets or target stands, shooters will need to bring their own. Only standard industry type targets allowed, no glass, exploding targets, or appliances, etc.
Users are required to clean up after themselves (brass, target materials, trash)
WHAT YOU NEED TO USE THE RANGE
- Hearing protection (ear plugs or muffs)
- Appropriate target (your bullets must hit the backstop)
- Pistols: your target should be approximately chest high
- Rifles: height dependent on the distance you are shooting
- Stand (industry type or equivalent
- uprights (usually 1"X2" wood)
- backing (cardboard)
- paper target
- staple gun or clips to hold backing to uprights
- tape or staples to hold targets to backing
~ OR ~
- Commercial steel targets or gongs with stand
- Appropriate ammunition for your firearm (no tracer or armor piercing)